The Year 2021
A review of the past year in the Interfaith forum and of our members activities in 2021. Introduced by Fth. Philip Sumner.
Inside Stories: Introducing Places of Worship
A set of videos for schools, exploring what goes on in four places of worship: a Christian Church, an Hindu Temple, a Mosque, and a Synagogue.
A series of videos for schools and public organisations, explaining in a plain and immersive way, what happens inside the places of worship of four major faiths.
An Oldham Poem by Rev. Howard Sutcliffe, as read at the Oldham Festival of Light 2017 & 2021
Evaluation of Oldham Interfaith Forum Project for Building Good Community Relations - Download the document (pdf)
Our Aims and Objectives
- To foster mutual understanding.
- To facilitate co-operative action.
- To be a representative voice for faith communities in Oldham.
- To relate to other inter-faith initiatives.
- To be autonomous and non-party political.
- To work for and from mutual acceptance, without compromise to the beliefs of members.
Oldham Interfaith Forum upholds the right of each individual to live by her/his faith. We believe that all faith groups have a part to play in promoting community cohesion.
Membership is open to faith communities which have a place of worship in Oldham. Currently, faith communities which take up those places are from Christian, Muslim and Hindu backgrounds. Members from other faiths who do not have a recognised place of worship in Oldham can be co-opted onto the Forum committee.