Our Next Event: WGT Interfaith Breaking of the Fast
Join us in celebrating and empowering local women of all ages and different beliefs for this unique event with Oldham's Youth Mayor - Samah Khalid.
Young women explain about fasting in their faiths.
Thursday April 29th 2021
7.30 pm TILL BREAK OF THE FAST (AROUND 8.45)
- Zoom details will be sent on the day of the event.
- Food (all Vegetarian) will be delivered to you prior to the event by our dedicated volunteers.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO INTERACT AND NETWORK WITH WOMEN AND GIRLS FROM DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS.
A virtual event for women only.
Booking for this event is required.
After registering for this event a member of our staff - Amanda - will contact you to arrange delivery details.
Evaluation of Oldham Interfaith Forum Project for Building Good Community Relations - Download the document (pdf)
An Oldham Poem by Rev. Howard Sutcliffe, as read at the Oldham Festival of Light 2017
Links to Information about Covid -19 Vaccines
Links to a range of information relating to faith and health matters during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To foster mutual understanding.
- To facilitate co-operative action.
- To be a representative voice for faith communities in Oldham.
- To relate to other inter-faith initiatives.
- To be autonomous and non-party political.
- To work for and from mutual acceptance, without compromise to the beliefs of members.
Oldham Interfaith Forum upholds the right of each individual to live by her/his faith. We believe that all faith groups have a part to play in promoting community cohesion.
Membership is open to faith communities which have a place of worship in Oldham. Currently, faith communities which take up those places are from Christian, Muslim and Hindu backgrounds. Members from other faiths who do not have a recognised place of worship in Oldham can be co-opted onto the Forum committee.